Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

I've flunked out (Expelled for very horrible grades) of a 4-year college in 2017 but I want to come back. I am a Sophomore, where can I go?

to get my Bachelor's Degree?

If you flunked out, you might not have the capacity to deal with more advanced academic requirements to get into higher-level courses, earn a bachelor's. Or did you totally goof off, and are now ready to seriously get to work? If you flunked out, it is highly unlikely you can get accepted to any other 4-yr university. You need to go to community college, complete an associate's degree with excellent grades, to have any real chance of getting into another 4-yr school & graduating.

You really need to consider you true abilities, talents, interests, etc, and consider vocational/occupational training/certification programs at community college.

• DON W

It is doubtful that the 4-year college will accept you back.  Also, if you had "very horrible grades", it sounds like you failed most of your classes, or got a bunch of Ds.  Grades like those won't transfer to a new school.

Your best bet is to look at the 2-year community colleges near where you live.  They will likely accept you as a new student.  You'll have a chance to start fresh.  If you did earn any reasonable grades at the 4-year college, they might accept them.

If things are truly different now, and you apply yourself, you can earn an Associates degree from the community college and then apply to a 4-year college for your Bachelor's degree.

• drip

Get a meeting with your community college admissions office. I would talk it over with them. Starting there and rebuild your GPA would be a good place to start.

I think you should consider Community College.