Ladies, if I believe women are equal to men does that make me a beta male?

It just seems every time I treat a woman as an equal I get passed over for some guy who treats her like crap. I guess she sees him as an alpha. Personally, I don't believe in the whole alpha/beta male mentality but a lot of women do apparently. To even suggest there are betas out there who are beneath you and not worthy of your attention is odd if you also believe all men should treat women as equals.

I'd like to continue treating women as equals but I'm beginning to wonder what the incentive is the older I get. Especially if they don't feel the same way about me. Why don't women treat men as equals if that is the behavior they expect from men?

• Foofa

This has more to do with your choice of which women to pursue than anything of societal meaning. The ones who seek out the "bad boys" usually wear that inclination on their sleeves. Go for a better class of girl and you won't have that problem.

Let me first state that I am very much a man. I am not sure if it makes you a beta male but I would suggest it makes you a better male. At least in one aspect better than most men who follow the traditional religious beliefs. Have you ever had a woman tell you that she will not go out with you because you are too nice? I have, but in retrospect I would say that being the way I am actually is a superior lifestyle. I rather suspect that you would agree with most if not all the ideas and concepts enumerated in a brochure put out by one of the major religions.  I misplaced my copy of it years ago but I suspect you could find it still on the Internet, perhaps as a PDF. Do a search for "Two Wings of a Bird". If it will help any, that now-major religion began in what is now Iran almost 180 years ago.

Something I would like to point out is that it actually takes more strength to be gentle then to let your emotions and the mores of society determined your attitudes and actions. And as I have pointed out many times before, it takes only three letters of the alphabet — m a n — to make a man, but nine letters to make a gentleman. Does that perhaps mean that a gentleman is three times as much a man?

By the way, more recently that woman stated that I have very much earned her respect by being the way I am.

Maybe you should ask women what you are doing wrong.  Whatever it is, it's not going to be "you treated me as an equal". 

• Gandalf the black

They would never admit to it but you can tell by their actions and what they are willing to tolerate the kind of man they really prefer. 

Blah blah blah tell me more lies fake nice guy who can't compete with better looking guys. "Equal" doesn't mean "f#ck me."

• EXZTNZ

You are correct. The basic idea is that soft guys are weak. You are a soft guy because you are too easy for women. They can step on you and use you easily because you're a simp. Ladies love men like me who are strong, bold and not afraid to speak about taboo topics despite all the possible backlash.

Stop expecting to get laid for thinking you're a half decent person. Most men are not that great and you're no exception.

• ?

Why would you ever even think that feminism has the answer for what women want in a man? There is no validity in the claim that the sexes are to be equal, so why would the attractions of women reflect that reality? It wouldn't, so do yourself a favor and drop it. 

If you need an example to follow then follow the wisdom of the men from generations ago, not feminist women of today. 

I want an alpha male who will be a protector and provider. Beta males aren’t worth my time.   

• Bill

Well Gandalf, it's better to work within the nature of your target audience than to insist on a reality that doesn't exist.