Does feminism really have anything to do with femininity?

In my opinion they don't but I was just wondering what other people here think.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No, it is anti-femininity.  It is the assertion that women should take on all the worst characteristics of men to prove themselves in the world.

• 2 months ago

There is not one feminism. Difference feminism would sometimes have to do with it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

In my opinion, they don't but I was just wondering what other people here think.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

This sounds like a sincere question... which is tragic.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Traditional society deals with a narrow view of femininity and feminism seeks to expand the ideal to suit women who used to be largely ignored or viewed as the antithesis of femininity.

Imagine being a particularly tall woman or a woman with a dark complexion. You'd have it continually conveyed to you that you have no stake in femininity because of the way you're made.

Traditional parameters for femininity leaves too many of us in the cold and suffering mentally over things beyond our control. Of course most of us grow out of this but what of those who can't or don't?

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 months agoReport

Im aware that those groups of women all have the issue of being outside of beauty/femininity standards allotted by their culture should they be considered "dark"

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Feminists want women to be less feminine and men to be more feminine, so as to be more equal.  

• Bill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. Feminism exists to challenge femininity in women and replace it with their own model of female behavior. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.