Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

I think the EDD overpaid me?

HI there. Ive been trying to contact the CA EDD office for unemployment but no one is there is answer due ti COVID-19. long story short I was laid off from my night job and wanted to claim partial unemployment. I still work my other part time job. The issue here is that when I filled out the claim form by mistake I clicked the button that said I don't collect any income at all. However I do. As a result the EDD issued me a payment, but the debit card didn't come in the mail yet. Obviously I do no want to collect money in any fraudulent way so I have sent them several emails explaining that I made a mistake on my application. On their website they said that withholding information could be fraud and that got me a little scared, im not trying to steal any money here. Even if I get the unemployment debit card I won't spend a penny of it if I don't deserve it. My real question here is can I or will I likely be charged with fraud because of this mistake I made? Thank you. 

Ive been trying to contact the CA EDD office for unemployment but no one is there is answer due ti COVID-19.

That is a FLAT OUT LIE. If anything they hired more people to attempt to handle the flood of claims.

just send them a message and tell them you made a mistake and want to fix it