Aren't gray and silver mostly and basically the same color?

I admit i'm slightly color blind sometimes, but it appears to me that the colors gray and silver are 1 in the same. I'm curious to know if they are or if they aren't and if so, why? Peace!

• John
    Favorite Answer

Since the RGB computer color model was introduced, with 256 million colors - and even before - the names of colors have become less and less important unless you are painting a house. It has become 0,0,0 to 255,255,255 and everything in between. But yes, "silver" is a grey with lots of white in it. Actual pure, metallic silver is almost pure white.

Well that's like asking what color is a mirror! It is silver but you can usually see lots of other colors due to the shininess. And there will be specular highlights. But grey is dull and matt, nothing is reflected by a grey.

Yes gray and silver are the same base. Silver is shiny or glitter. Peace. Like gold and copper. Copper has more red. 

they are, basically. silver just implies that its shiny or can reflect light where are gray is just the hue 

i dont think so