Aren't gray and silver mostly and basically the same color?

I admit i'm slightly color blind sometimes, but it appears to me that the colors gray and silver are 1 in the same. I'm curious to know if they are or if they aren't and if so, why? Peace!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Since the RGB computer color model was introduced, with 256 million colors - and even before - the names of colors have become less and less important unless you are painting a house. It has become 0,0,0 to 255,255,255 and everything in between. But yes, "silver" is a grey with lots of white in it. Actual pure, metallic silver is almost pure white.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Well that's like asking what color is a mirror! It is silver but you can usually see lots of other colors due to the shininess. And there will be specular highlights. But grey is dull and matt, nothing is reflected by a grey.

• 6 months ago

Yes gray and silver are the same base. Silver is shiny or glitter. Peace. Like gold and copper. Copper has more red. 

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

they are, basically. silver just implies that its shiny or can reflect light where are gray is just the hue 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

i dont think so

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.