PPP and unemployment in California Covid-19?

So I was a full time employee with my company but when covid hit we all got put out of work. 

So in turn i filed for unemployment 

Time goes by and boss applied to be an essential business then applies for PPP. But half our warehouse is still at home because they simply are not needed. Only main people are still working. 

Because of PPP ill be getting paid my full 40 hour week checks, but can't collect on unemployment. But right now being on unemployment pays more because of the cares act.

Is there a way I can refuse or say I don't want to be put on the PPP payments?

Id much rather receive unemployment vs PPP as anyone with up to date knowledge on it knows its paying more. But I don't want both and to have back pay.

No rude responses please, just trying to figure out how to ride this mess out as best as possible. 

If you refuse or say you don't want to be put on the PPP payments, then you will not be able to receive unemployment.

• Foofa

Stop being greedy and just be grateful you're still getting a paycheck. Your short-term method of thinking (wanting to exchange a job that will likely return for a mere three months of UI then not having a job later) is probably why you work in a warehouse.

• P

Your company has to pay a portion of your unemployment believe it or not so they will never agree to that since the terms of the PPP is far more favorable to them.   Just enjoy your paycheck for doing nothing.   Obviously you can quit, but then you get nothing from anyone.    If things don't improve you will need that unemployment in a couple of months when the PPP expires and you will have 2 extra months of pay others didn't have when the unemployment eventually expires.

• Ron

Your boss actually got PPP? It's out of money already

• Tulip

Does greedy apply here?

No, you can't refuse to work because you would rather collect unemployment. 

Your option would be to quit your job, which would disqualify you from collecting.