Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaToronto · 3 months ago

When will the government services in Canada be available again?

I have called, but my matter couldn't be solved that way (as the voicemail just addresses a few topics and not the one I have in mind).

You have failed to specify which government agency that you are dealing with, I say this because it ranges from offices having reduced hours to being shut down al- together until Doug Ford decides when to re-open them.

My advise would be go to their website, see if you can resolve the matter online, you may be able to do so. If not, call them at 8am in the morning, and see if you can speak with a representative over the phone to address the matter, depending on what it is, you may be able to do so. If no to either of those things, you are going to have to wait until things open back up to address your issues.

When will they re-open? Ford says the target date to begin re-opening certain busisness will be the May long weekend at the earliest, of course things can change between now and then. Governmnent agencies are essential, so, they will be one of the first businesses to re-open, and it could be as early as late May, or it could be not until the fall.

Keep an eye on the news.

Look on your local government website for info on the service you want info on.

• Ian

Service Canada has new sections on their website to address things that their live agents used to do. Might be there if you have a look...