Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 months ago

Why did my boyfriend cheat infront of me?

We started out as just playing around and eventually admitted that we loved each other. After 2 days of the Iloveyous, we had a get together with friends and there, he was all touchy with a friend of ours infront of me, as in cuddling, leaning on eachother, hair playing, caressing. In front of me and 2 other friends who got uncomfortable of the situation as well. This went in for like 30 min before I asked to go home. I didnt confront the situation right there and then as we just got out of the playing around stage and didnt know how to go about the situation. This happened months ago and were still together, I just want a perspective of why he did it. 

He’s respectful, caring, all the good stuff all the other times, just that one time. He was super apologetic about that night and couldnt face me after. You think this can be one time behavior or is bound to happen again? Should I give him a pass that it happened in the beginning rather than now, where we’re more serious? thanks!

Favorite Answer

This is not respectful and that's a bad sign. You're going to have to talk to him about it in a kind way - mutual respect and good communication are two of the keys to any long lasting relationship.

May I suggest that the first question to ask yourself when considering whether or not to date someone is, “Is this person a strong person?” If they’re not, no matter how much you like them, how much they like you, or how “cute” or “hot” they are, - please don’t date them. A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), displays a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling people who are pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), gives their best effort, and demonstrates self-control (of their body, anger, mouth and money).

My suggestion is that you put in the effort necessary to become a strong person (if you’re not already), break up with this guy in a kind way unless he’s a strong person who treats you with respect at all times, and eventually look for this type of guy (otherwise you’re setting yourself up for a broken heart). Unfortunately this type of man is difficult to find – but save yourself the heartache and don’t settle for less.

(Please remember that you eventually want a 50 or 60 year marriage - not a 5 or 10 year marriage.)

Hope this helps!

PS The best way to get to know a strong man without dating is to participate in the activities of a community service or a school organization.

Source(s): True Love Lasts - written with a character emphasis for teens through young adults, Straight Talk About Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 20 and up

Be careful, or you will cry later on. 

Respect is the most important part of a relationship.

Why are you in this relationship when you cannot even talk to him about all this stuff? If you two cannot communicate openly then it really doesn't matter who did what and when.

• Happy

No respect for you I suppose..................

Obviously you're school kids

He’s insecure and ppl who behave like this need constant affirmation and lack respect for others. Move on, as this is likely to become routine.

• kristy

He’s just a playa

• Ana

Bcuz he banged her that night and he’s a player

You should have stood up for yourself

You’re his side chick. He’s your boyfriend.  Different pages. 

• Barry

He's not a boyfriend. You just think he is.