Why can't I stop buying hand sanitizer and wipes?

I live in an area where the corona virus did not hit hard at all.  I don't know anyone who has it and the hospitals are at 25% capacity.  We didn't have any shortages of toilet paper or bottled water like I saw on tv.  The only thing the stores always run out of are hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.

So when someone calls me or a neighbor tells me a store is selling hand sanitizer I drop everything, get in the car and go to that store.  If they have a limit of how many you can buy, I take my kids and send them in separately.  I have also grabbed one or two and hidden them behind something else like dog food and then I go back later.

I also ask the clerks at the stores what days and times they get their deliveries.  Then I go to the store at that time and wait for them to unpack.  Sometimes that an hour or two later.  I have about 50 bottles that we haven't used yet at home but I can't stop buy it and I don't know why.

Is it because there's a shortage.  It's really becoming an obsession.  The wipes are not that much of a problem because the stores have them all the time but they just keep them in the back or behind the counter, you have to ask an employee.  But they always run out of hand sanitizer.

Favorite Answer

I found some at the dollar store

Get cancer you pig shiit eater 

its because you have been brainwashed...im dead serious...if you thought dog poop killed bacteria would you be going around scraping it off the sidewalks?..yes..your hand sanitizer is about as useful as dog poop,,but to you its like gold so your hoarding it

• Maxi

The only reason there are any shortages is because of mentally ill people like yourself who buy what you don't need and hoard

That is called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and you need to see a therapist.