If radio stations won’t play original recordings of old songs, what can we do?

Many radio stations on dab digital radio no longer play original recordings of old songs, instead its all remixes remastered digital crap......

.so other than going to YouTube to listen to old music instead, what else can we do to listen to original recordings of old songs?

Favorite Answer

Buy the originals, if that's what you want to hear. Look on Discogs & Amazon.

I hardly ever listen to radio as I detest adverts and announcers interrupting, and I will not use streaming sources on principle.

Everything I have I've ripped from my own media so I know the exact source and quality.

To add to the above - all good! - try. Places like Rhino Records, and The Vinyl Resting Place. Lots of indies, too.  Yard sales. Goodwill. And join some chat groups. Old is Gold!!

• Mamianka

Great Article in today's (4/29/2020) New York Times. The Electric Recording Company - recordings go for $400 to $600 each.  Fascinating article.

**** yourself and hope for the best