My government refund check was mailed to my old address, but my state refund was mailed to my correct address?

Idk why the stupid IRS mailed both my state and gov refund check to two separate addresses, I changed my mail address which the the IRS over a year ago after my ex husband and I separated. For some reason they sent my state refund to my correct address and my government refund to my house I still own with my ex husband. I was told they sent it out a month ago the same time they sent my state refund. Probably is my ex is Satan, ran me out of our home back in 2018 with our then 2 year old and told his attorney I abandoned my own home when I was getting away from him. He has his new gf living in our home and one of them knows where my check is. How can I get my refund check with my ex husband not admitting he has it? It was tracked to his address. He lies his way out of paper bags it's a shame, he gets away with abusing me and my son and my parents like it's nothing and making threats. The courts say until he actually carries the treat's through is when they can do something.

5 Answers

  • 5 months ago

    IRS doesn't mail state anything, IRS is a federal entity.

  • Scott
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    The "stupid" IRS has nothing to do with your state taxes. 

  • 5 months ago

    The stupid IRS mailed it to the address you put on your tax return.

  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    Well - maybe that is because the state refund comes from your STATE - which is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT office than what your FEDERAL refund check would come from.  The IRS has NOTHING to do with your STATE refund.

    When you filled out your federal tax return for this year - your address should have been updated then.

    I don't know who "they" are - but you can't talk to ONE location to get an answer for BOTH of these issues.  They ARE different offices.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

    They don't both come from the same agency. The IRS has nothing not do with your state dept of revenue, or whatever its called where you live. Maybe you changed it with the state, but not the federal.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.