Isn't it weird that playboy started out in Chicago ?

It always seemed like such a Christian concervative city, when people would visit the city from very concervative places like Wheaton and they saw a big sign on michigan avenue that said playboy how did they react?

Anton LaVey the founder of the church of satan and Satanic Bible was born here so nope not a christian city

It is not weird at all. The city is NOT Christian Conservative: it is a polyglot of races, religions, etc., and most city people don't get their panties in a knot because of one magazine. I lived in suburban Chicago and never heard a single person squawk about the "Playboy" sign, which was removed 30 years ago.

PS: I was a young single guy at that time, and I took some of my dates to the Playboy club, which was nearby on Walton Street.

• Lili

Chicago?  Christian conservative?

You must be joking.

Where did you get THAT idea?

And not everyone in Wheaton is a Christian conservative either.  The college is, but not the entire population. And that's just one area in the metro region.

Hugh Hefner was from Chicago. He went to Steimetz High School on the northwest side.

• User

?

Never heard of the Roaring 20's

or Mayor Daley?

Before Las Vegas became the gambling and divorce capital

- basically: shortly after WWII

Chicago was the U.S.'s  "sin city".

Cons are so moralist and hypocritical that it doesn't surprises me.