Isn't it weird that playboy started out in Chicago ?

It always seemed like such a Christian concervative city, when people would visit the city from very concervative places like Wheaton and they saw a big sign on michigan avenue that said playboy how did they react?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Anton LaVey the founder of the church of satan and Satanic Bible was born here so nope not a christian city

• 5 months ago

It is not weird at all. The city is NOT Christian Conservative: it is a polyglot of races, religions, etc., and most city people don't get their panties in a knot because of one magazine. I lived in suburban Chicago and never heard a single person squawk about the "Playboy" sign, which was removed 30 years ago.

PS: I was a young single guy at that time, and I took some of my dates to the Playboy club, which was nearby on Walton Street.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Chicago?  Christian conservative?

You must be joking.

Where did you get THAT idea?

And not everyone in Wheaton is a Christian conservative either.  The college is, but not the entire population. And that's just one area in the metro region.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Hugh Hefner was from Chicago. He went to Steimetz High School on the northwest side.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • User
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

?

Never heard of the Roaring 20's

or Mayor Daley?

Before Las Vegas became the gambling and divorce capital

- basically: shortly after WWII

Chicago was the U.S.'s  "sin city".

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Cons are so moralist and hypocritical that it doesn't surprises me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.