What is the best brand of TV to buy?

I don’t necessarily need a smart TV but that would be a bonus. I also can’t spend more than around $300.

My living room is not big enough for a super large TV. The one that just died was a 42 inch Vizio. I’m looking for something around the same size, but I wasn’t impressed with that brand.

Thanks for any suggestions!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I have a Samsung that I'm pretty happy with.  It looks like they have a 4K 42" smart TV model for under $300.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Sony and samsung are the the top.

• 2 months ago

visit pawn shops,,large screen tvs can be had for a couple hundred,some cheaper

• 2 months ago

It was Panasonic until that brand stopped offering TVs.

Now Samsung is the top choice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Each brand has its pros and cons. Vizio certainly makes some highly rated TVs. The problem is that the manufacturers make so many different models it is hard to sort out. For example, at Best Buy there are 18 different Samsung 65" TVs available.

You really just need to research which models are better and have what you want. Even brands like TCL get good ratings on certain models. And by the way, it is actually hard to find a new non-smartTV these day.

• 2 months ago

All my recent TVs ave been Samsung. However, Visio TVs are much better now than in the past, and are great buys.

• 2 months ago

A couple years ago I bought a Samsung 50 inch 4K tv on eBay for $316 and I’m pretty happy with it, many of my friends and my parents have Samsung TVs too so I’d recommend that. Remember that buying used or refurbished is always a good option to save money.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.