Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesNissan · 2 months ago

Transmission dipstick?

my dad has a 2004 Nissan titan 2wd I believe and is asking me to find him a transmission dipstick or whatever its called. The problem is there are too many sizes and idk which one to get. Any help?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Tell your old man there are no dipsticks. There is a special tool that screws into the oil pan area that you install and fill the tranny until the ATF overflows and comes out of the tool. Have the dealer change the ATF. He will ruin his transmission if he fools around with it.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech / Infiniti Tech
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Get the year, make and model and go on Amazon, ebay, or to any auto parts store.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You go to a car parts store and ask for the dipstick for the Titan.  You have to KNOW the year make and model and engine for the truck.  The store guys will ask.

• 2 months ago

Here is a replacement for your 2004 Nissan Titan https://www.amazon.com/2004-2014-Nissan-Indicator-...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

transmissions after about 1999 don't have dipsticks they have to be checked from below on a ramp while the motor is running and hot , the manufacturers have turned a free 5 minute job into a 2-3 hour marathon that can cost hundreds of dollars

• KY-Clay
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Not true. Some do not have dip sticks and some do. My 2011 Tacoma has a dip sick and so does the 2004 Nissan Titan. In fact all Titans ip to 2015 have a dip stick. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.