Is there a way to get all your favorite Songs from records and put on custom CDs? I would like to get rid of my records. Thanks?

• chorle

Not really an answer 

But some Millennials and Gen Z are buying Vinyl records now instead of CDs but to be fair they do  come with a digital download code to have same music to play on computer or phone.I think you might not get the sound quality you want going from vinyl to digital. You might also want to check if any of your records have a good resale value 

• Lance

Yes it can be done using a free program like Audacity a record player and a computer. with a DVD burner..There is a learning curve involved with Audacity and its not the easiest program to figure out; but there are also plenty of tutorial videos available on you tube to help you figure it out...

I would Never get rid of an original manufactured disc,

be it a record or a CD.

You never know when you might need to make another copy.

I have well over 1,300 CDs including albums, singles, and whatever else.

My record collection numbers over 3,000 LPs, something like 400 to 500 45s,

and I don't know how many 78s.

I have hundreds of cassettes that I bought blank and recorded myself.

My philosophy about this is that there is no such thing as too much stuff,

but there Can be too little space to hold it all.

maybe you can pay someone to do it

I bought a USB turntable years ago - we disposed of (gave away, etc.) thousands of LPS, but there were some whose content I wished to preserve.  Between that device, and Audacity - and some advice from my adult son who has his Masters degree in digital and audio technology - I did copy a slew.  Still have a pile to do, but other things in life have intervened.  The LP itself must be in very good condition, and CLEAN - and cleaned safely/correctly.  Advice all over the Net - will not bother to repeat it here.  As you go, you should back these up to an independent/portable hard drive - or at the very least, a really large capacity thumb drive.  I also need to do this to mountains of family photos, documents, etc. The actual STUFF can go now - but the content is precious, like your LPs.  If you are locked in the house - or live in a state where the idiots are gonna being running all over, then dying soon, you can use this as a "I think I hear my Momma calling me .. " kind of excuse (like we did when we were little kids) to get something meaningful done - and not need one of the thousands of ventilators the The Orange Turd is now sending to RUSSIA.   BTW - remember to VOTE.  The OT is building a necropolitical machine - the more people that DIE - the more money for me and by crooked buddies.  That simple.  Do what you gotta do to save yourself - HE is not gonna . . .

You can purchase a converter.