Would filling out the 1040 2019 form help me to get the Stimulus Check coming in my direct deposit if i am on just on SSI ?

I had not been working and I had to apply for SSI in 1995 the same year you apply yours because I had a mental condition from having the brain damage from a breech birth on August 21st 1970. I am by myself, never, married, have no children, never on anyone's taxes as a dependent and

I get a direct deposit. I am very frustrated, very confused and very angry because I still get the error message today saying:

PAYMENT STATUS NOT AVAILABLE

We are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because:

We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or

You're not eligible for a payment.

_________________________________

I keep on getting a very bad feeling that I am not going to get the Stimulus Check and I am very concerned that it may went to the 5 old addresses. So I went to the Free File Fillable form site to just put in my information including my bank account information than leave where it says dependents blank than my friend copied it for me from his printer. It came out different as a 1040 2019 form with all of my information on there including my bank account information. I also wote the IRS a letter than I attach the copied 1040 2019 form with the letter and my SSI award letter than I mailed it to the IRS at this address:

Department of the Treasury

Internal Revenue Service

Kansas City, MO 64999 - 0052

Do you think it is going to help ?

• Judith
    Favorite Answer

If your social security or SSI benefit is directly deposited into your bank account so too will the stimulus check be.  Be patient.  If you don't get it this year you can file a 1040 in 2021 for 2020 and you will get it then- but I doubt you will need to do that.

Doesn't matter what the old address is.  BTW, even if you have direct deposit you are still suppose to keep social security informed of your residential address so that you can receive letters and notices from them.  If they mail out a letter or notice and it is returned they will suspend payment of benefits until they receive an up-to-date mailing address.

I was a SS claims rep for 32 yrs.

• ?

My wife is on ssi and she got hers in her direct deposit automatically, she didn't have to do anything !