Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 2 months ago

Why are Toyota’s so ugly?

Even since the 80’s and 90’s, Toyota’s have never been “easy on the eyes”, why is that?

Favorite Answer

I think my 05 Corolla is fine the way it is.

it will be more fine if the color is white.

PS: If you need the steering wheel covers check out automio

That's subjective I'd say. Some models actually look attractive to some. I think the newer corollas just look awful in their design. The new Camry as well, not a fan of it but Toyota has made some good looking Camrys in my opinion.

.................Aerodynamics

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I don't think they are ugly. They are just bland (except the Echo and the Solara- which are ugly IMO). Toyota intentional uses non-offensive designs to cater to multiple markets.nothing radical because that just ages fast. Many companies sell their cars with different styling in other markets; Some use the same name on a different platform altogether. That's changing though. If you look at most car companies, they are starting to copy Toyota's formula. However, Toyota's trump card is their reliability and build quality. It's not as good as it was 20+ years ago, but it's still better than the rest. By the way, they have made some attractive cars in the past, IMO. Some were quite advanced for their time . 

. 1985-1988 MR21991-1996 MR21988-1992 Toyota Supra1993-1998 Toyota Supra

1986-1989 Celica

1990-1993 Celica (my favorite design)

Lexus IS

Lexus LFA

legally blind designers

• Gorgia

Because they can make them cheaper and people still buy them. As long as their making money then it is fine with them I suppose. Also, personal presence beauty is subjective someone may find them beautiful while someone else may find them to be the most hideous thing known to man kind.

• F

I tend to agree, they don’t have many model I like, although I did have a RAV4  a while ago and it was one of my better cars.

Toyota's what? 80's what? 90's what?

Toyota's made some very pretty cars.  I like the Supra, various Celicas over the years, and I thought the MR2 (both models) was pretty.  And the Camry Solara was very nice-looking, I thought.  I personally have a Sienna minivan and I think that's very pretty for a minivan.

Toyota doesn't have (or want) a reputation as a maker of exotic cars.  So they want their cars to look like . . . CARS.