Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 3 months ago

Do it? Or not.?

Me and my boyfriend started dating 6 months ago and he rarely has any interest in me unless I wear makeup. I don’t have a big stash of makeup and he demands more, and I’m not all that of a makeup person ( in other words I don’t feel comfortable wearing makeup all the time). I really don’t know what to do.

I have asked why he wants me wear makeup 24/7, his response is “because I don’t want my rep to go down if I am seen with some girl who doesn’t where makeup” that really hurt my feelings but I don’t know what to do, I love him, a lot and I wouldn’t want to break up with him, but at the same time I don’t think it’s going to work if this is his opinion.

I told him that makeup is just not who I am, he got very frustrated and said he is going out for a while, he came back very drunk. he started yelling stuff at me that didn't even make sense. I decided to go stay at my parents place for a while and probably break up with him so yeah.

At the very least shouldn't he be buying it for you? I'm a gay guy and I'd make that a requirement if someone wanted me to make a change. Definetly a must between a man and a woman in my opinion.

If your boyfriend is more worried about his "rep" than your feelings, it's a good thing you're at your parents' place.

Theres no point in even posting this because you should already know that he's a piece of **** and you should leave him right now. People that actually care about what others think are just useless in life... not only that he does not love you if he cant handle you without makeup, looks should not matter. 

I am wondering why you waste your time with such a **** waffle...

Do what seems right. In this case, I must put this out there: If he's treating you this way, he does not love you the way he should. I would leave him. As I said, you do what feels right to you, but watch where you're going. What you're in right now can lead to some bad stuff.

I can't believe someone treated you that way and you don't know what to do. "Probably" break up with him? Why, so he can put you down again and gain even more control over your behaviour and appearance? So he can walk out on you when you express your true feelings, return drunk and verbally abuse you again? PROBABLY???

I think you should do what you want. Makeup is nice and i like women wearing it but if she did everything i wanted she would be a shadow, i'd rather she be her own person

You have to do what you feel comfortable with.  He must be young if he's concerned with his "rep."   (I think that's funny and incredibly sad). You'll have to decide it he's worth it.  

It does make me wonder - what happens if you gain a couple of pounds and he wants you to diet to maintain his rep?  Will he become more controlling?  At what point will you become what HE wants, rather than who YOU really are?  I wouldn't be cool with that.   I'd be looking for a guy who would love me just as I am.   Good luck. 

• fcas80

Ask him to explain candidly why this is so important to him.  

Maybe you can do this as an ocassional special treat for him, but you should expect some special treat in return.

• Eva

You can't wear makeup 24/7. If he isn't happy with the way you normally look, he's not worth spending your time on.