John asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 2 months ago

Why do people always say if they won the lottery they would give alot away to charity when it would only make the non profit people rich.?

• Rumple

I've NEVER said that.  I've never heard anyone else say it.  This leads me to believe that people dont always say any such thing.

You do not understand how a non profit works....

• Liz

Well, perhaps they are just a giving type of person. ‘There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.’”—Acts 20:35.

My guess would be that a lot of people fail to look beyond what is put in front of them. Most people don't realize that charities in most cases are giving very little to the cause that they claim to be supporting.

I also think that they might think that it sounds good to say that. Cliche.

• y

Most don't understand how many charities, especially those run by celebrities, actually work. There are some that do give the majority of those dollars in supporting whatever they claim. But the majority, give the bare minimum, the rest go to inflated salaries of those who supposedly run them.

You've never worked for a non-profit organization, have you?