Is my bread safe to eat?

I baked bread on a baking sheet on parchment paper and the I cooled the bread off and left it on the parchment paper. An hour later I checked the bread had cooled but the parchment paper was all wet, Is the bread still good if the parchment paper soaked up the moisture? Thanks!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

That is from Condensation. 

When you take bread out of the oven put it on a wire rack to cool. Without paper under it. 

Yes your bread is good to eat.  If it is still a bit soggy just toast the slices you are going to use, leave the rest on a wire rack to dry.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Sorry but you need to give us a clue. 

Why might the bread NOT be “safe to eat”?

• 7 months ago

The only reason the parchment paper was wet was because the bread sweat on it. Your bread is fine. Don't waste it.

• denise
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It would have been the heat / steam from the baked bread whilst it cooled, make sure the loaf is dry at the bottom, then leave it to 'air off' on a cooling rack, then store it in 'fresh' parchment paper in the bread bin.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tulip
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

What on earth did you need parchment paper for

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Fine to eat. Just a soggy bottom from steam.

• 7 months ago

There should be nothing wrong with the bread and if it tastes good eat it.

• 7 months ago

Yes that's what it's there for to soak up the moisture now stick your bread in the very center with a knife and make sure that it's nice and well-done knock on your bread it should sound like a watermelon.

• Goerge
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yes it's fine. Even if you used wax paper the bread would still be fine. You should be cooling your bread on a wire cooling rack instead.

BUT I DON'T HAVE ONE!!!! You do have an oven rack. Leave your oven open and let it cool or set the rack someplace safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk6j7lhNf1o

Youtube thumbnail

The crust of the bread is so important and steaming the bread like that isn't nice.

The same applies to your fried foods. Don't leave them on paper towels. Let them drain for a few seconds on the towel and then set the fried food on a rack. Steaming the bottom of a chicken leg isn't nice.

Attachment image
  • 7 months ago

Perfectly good. Home-baked bread always loses moisture as it cools.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.