Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCaribbeanOther - Caribbean · 5 months ago

What is so great about the Caribbean when Royal Caribbean Cruises now own their own private islands, to protect their tourists from crime?

Most, if not all, cruise lines that travel throughout the Caribbean have owned private islands for years.

Case in point: my first two cruises with Carnival (2008 & 2010) were to Nassau (in the Bahamas) and Half Moon Cay (Carnival's private island).  If the purpose of the private island was to protect me from the criminal element of the Caribbean, then why include Nassau on the itinerary at all?

The privately-owned islands aren't to protect tourists from crime.  Do some research before you post.

I've been on many Caribbean cruises, and on many Caribbean islands. I have never had any problem with crime, or heard of anyone else having a problem. Stop being so small-minded. 

• Bort

The Caribbean has always been a leading capitol of trade because of it's location.That area of Earth has always been one of the major ports of traffic and trade.

Tortuga. It was mentioned in popular novels, plays, films, movies, and videos because it truly is one of (if not THE) port on this world where everything comes to, is traded, and shared to...everywhere else.

Look: