Can i check the payment status in Get my payment tool if i get just SSI with direct deposit and I had not file any taxes in 2018/2019 ?

I am asking that question because I wonder why I am still keeping on getting the error message: Payment status not available - we are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because: we don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or you're not eligible for a payment. I still had not get the stimulus check 😢

The IRS said people on SSI that had not file any taxes in 2018/2019 do not have to do nothing.

Is that the reason why I get that error message just because I am not suppose to do anything in the IRS website to give them my information ? and do any of you were still getting the error message and had not yet get the stimulus check ? 

I also want to know does it mean I am not ilegible and I am not going to get the stimulus check ? and when is the deadline for people on SSI getting the stimulus check by mail ?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

That 'error message' IS the status of your payment.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

That tool apparently was to quit working as of friday at noon. You and millions like you should get a snail mail check in the next month or two. All you can do is hurry up and wait. Maybe check back and see if they update that page again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.