Can i check the payment status in Get my payment tool if i get just SSI with direct deposit and I had not file any taxes in 2018/2019 ?

I am asking that question because I wonder why I am still keeping on getting the error message: Payment status not available - we are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because: we don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or you're not eligible for a payment. I still had not get the stimulus check 😢

The IRS said people on SSI that had not file any taxes in 2018/2019 do not have to do nothing.

Is that the reason why I get that error message just because I am not suppose to do anything in the IRS website to give them my information ? and do any of you were still getting the error message and had not yet get the stimulus check ? 

I also want to know does it mean I am not ilegible and I am not going to get the stimulus check ? and when is the deadline for people on SSI getting the stimulus check by mail ?

That 'error message' IS the status of your payment.

That tool apparently was to quit working as of friday at noon. You and millions like you should get a snail mail check in the next month or two. All you can do is hurry up and wait. Maybe check back and see if they update that page again.