Are Native Americans actually native to America?

There has been theories that they migrated to America like everyone else did. So are they biologically native to the region?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

No they are not native to America. DNA studies have shown 2/3 of the tribes immigrated from North and East Asia (mostly Siberia), and 1/3 from Europe and West Asia. Some studies have even found some African.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Hello, i add, may they called Native American because the borned in the America.

• 1 month ago

Technically, anyone born anywhere between Canada Arctic coast and Cape Horn is native of America. 

So yes.

Also the expression "Native American" is the official word in US English for people who already inhabited the Americas when 15th-16th Europeans settled there, and also their descendants. (Personally I prefer the more accurate Canadian expression "First Nation").

Like all **** sapiens on this planet, Native Americans originated in Africa. 

Americas are the two last continents humans reached by the end of Upper Paleolithic. 

Among the possible routes to Americas:

- from Siberia through Beringia land bridge,

- from Europe by North Atlantic ice cap,

- navigating from South Pacific islands, 

Beringia is the more likely, or at least the one which most contributed to the present day "Native American" population. 

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

It is strange as it said they came from Siberia but Siberia is Russian and Russians are white, and no Chinese crossed the Bering land bridge

• Cosa1 month agoReport

I think you might think that all countries in Asia are Asian. There are white places in Asia and Asian places in Asia. also there a re white parts of Africa, as there are black parts of Africa. Look at Arabia, for example, the people are white, but it is still considered West Asia.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

From what I know what is known as America today also was attached to Asia. So that's where Native Americans came from then the land pretty much moved around and Native Americans were pretty much placed there. So yes and no in a way. Also Vikings were the first to really come to America but I'm not sure if Native Americans were around though. So originally they decent from Asia and move to America because and then the land changed so they were pretty much placed in the Americas.

Source(s): My mom dated a Native American and I did pretty ask him the same thing before.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Humans first evolved in Africa 200,000 years ago. All non-Africans evolved from a group of Africans who migrated out of Africa 60,000 years ago. Native Americans migrated to the Americas 13,000 years ago, at the end of the last ice age. There is evidence that some humans, the makers of the Clovis Point tools, were here before the Native Americans. They may have come from Europe because the Clovis Point tools bear a strong resemblance to the Solutrean tools found in Europe. These early European settlers may have been wiped out by a small comet that fell to earth and ended the ice age. A bunch of large mammals, including the American horse, American camel, mastodon, mammoths, American lion, saber toothed cats, short faced bears, and giant ground sloth were also wiped out at the same time.

The Native Americans living in America today came from Asia, across the Bering landbridge. Their closest relatives are the Central Asians who migrated from Africa to Central Asia. Some of these Central Asians also migrated to Europe 40,000 years ago and evolved to be Europeans. So, Native Americans are actually more closely related to Europeans than they are to Africans or East Asians including the Chinese.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

All humans evolved in Africa. All humans migrated out of Africa. There are no apes in the Americas for them to have evolved from anyway. They're native in the sense they've been here ~20,000 years.

• 2 months ago

Before whites. They got dibs.

• 2 months ago

Humans aren't "native" to any continent except Africa.

It's just that the earliest-known migration to the Americas came later than those to Asia, Australia or Europe.

But the Native Americans are considered to be the descendants of those first migrants.

• ...Show all comments
    • skeptik
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

To use your term - Native Americans have gone through biological changes to match the land they've been living on for thousands of years.

They aren't the same as anyone else.

• j153e
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The Ancestral Native Americans formed by an admixture of East Asian and North Eurasian populations. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_i...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.