Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentHealth Care · 2 months ago

Will I have to re-certify my RN license if I move to a different state? Will I have to go to school again or just take the test?

Favorite Answer

Neither. Those answers are wrong, The NCLEX is nationwide--its the same for everyone and you only take it once, nor do you go back to school. You go to the new state web site and apply for a license-you can hold as many licenses as you want actually--and they will tell you what they need. Uusally money and the number of the current license. Some states have additional requirements like a CEU class in something. Some states accept another states's license (called a compacted state). Go to the states' license page and look.

• RICK

No

As long as you passed the NCLEX  and have no malpractice  claims pending against your old license  getting a license  in your  new state is just a matter of applying  and paying the fee..The days of having to retest in every state ended with the advent of the NCLEX 

yes you will.............

Depends on many factors. Most states will accept certification from other states. If you have little or no experience, you may have to take the new state's certification

You will have to recertify, and depending on the state you will have to go back to school for recertification