Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 2 months ago

Could you imagine buying the 2021 BMW Supra ?

Sorry. I meant 2021 Toyota Supra

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

LOL! I love I you phrased this question. Clever! As for owning one: they look nice, but I'm still sketchy about it being a BMW. BMWs aren't none for rock-solid, but not when it comes to reliability. Everyone's raving about how great this car is to drive, but it should,considering it's new and expensive. How reliable will it be after 6 years? That's usually where Toyota's reliability starts to shine and BMWs start having issues. I'm sure it's a great sportscar (as far as new sportscars go),and it looks gorgeous, but I'm still not sold on it yet. also, I'm pretty certain that servicing the N54 is more expensive than the 2JZ ever was. 

The YouTube channel, Daily Driven Exotics, took their  2020 Supra apart to modify it. While doing it, they tried to see if there were any Toyota parts on this car. They said that over 90% of the car was BMW. Even the body panels say BMW on them. This "Toyota" can end up having higher ownership costs than even a flagship Lexus. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

If I owned one of those, I'd the the neighborhood terror. Oh, yes, it does sport a BMW engine, so I'll pass on it until they prove it to possess Toyota reliability.

• 2 months ago

I could imagine it, (good imagination) but I would not actually do so.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

As they are currently configured, no.

If I am buying a sports car, I want a manual transmission.  The current Supra is automatic only.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Nope! Personally, i don't like the computer nature of modern cars.

Much rather get the Mk3/4

• 2 months ago

Nope. I like straight people cars and trucks.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The people who hate the car are people who have NOT driven one.  I test drove one and I was IMPRESSED.  Does it beat a Porsche?  No.  Is it the best sports car for the price?  It is in the top three.

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.