Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 2 months ago

Could you imagine buying the 2021 BMW Supra ?

Sorry. I meant 2021 Toyota Supra

LOL! I love I you phrased this question. Clever! As for owning one: they look nice, but I'm still sketchy about it being a BMW. BMWs aren't none for rock-solid, but not when it comes to reliability. Everyone's raving about how great this car is to drive, but it should,considering it's new and expensive. How reliable will it be after 6 years? That's usually where Toyota's reliability starts to shine and BMWs start having issues. I'm sure it's a great sportscar (as far as new sportscars go),and it looks gorgeous, but I'm still not sold on it yet. also, I'm pretty certain that servicing the N54 is more expensive than the 2JZ ever was. 

The YouTube channel, Daily Driven Exotics, took their  2020 Supra apart to modify it. While doing it, they tried to see if there were any Toyota parts on this car. They said that over 90% of the car was BMW. Even the body panels say BMW on them. This "Toyota" can end up having higher ownership costs than even a flagship Lexus. 

If I owned one of those, I'd the the neighborhood terror. Oh, yes, it does sport a BMW engine, so I'll pass on it until they prove it to possess Toyota reliability.

I could imagine it, (good imagination) but I would not actually do so.

• Jay P

As they are currently configured, no.

If I am buying a sports car, I want a manual transmission.  The current Supra is automatic only.

Nope! Personally, i don't like the computer nature of modern cars.

Much rather get the Mk3/4

Nope. I like straight people cars and trucks.

The people who hate the car are people who have NOT driven one.  I test drove one and I was IMPRESSED.  Does it beat a Porsche?  No.  Is it the best sports car for the price?  It is in the top three.