What should I expect when moving to Chicago?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Worlds besy arechtecture, food, museums, shopping, lakefront, river walk, theater, transit, clean and friendly city, great neighborhoods except for the ghetto sections like any city you need to just avoid those areas. Bad things will be brutal endless summers and politicians that are a joke.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

plenty of places to live.  even outside of city limits.  plenty of people live in the suburbs and commute to the city for work and or school.  if you know what areas to avoid, you will have no problem living in Chicago.

great sports fan scene.  great restaurants.  good economy for jobs.  great place to raise a family.  and other great activities, festivals, concerts, and other things to do when the pandemic ends.  

yes we can have severe winters and high humid summers.  but christmas 2019 for example, it was a high of around 60 for most of that week.  june 8th 2020 as i'm writing this it's going to be a high of 90, but not humid at all.  it still varies each season every year. 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

High winds.  Severe winters.  Summer humidity.  Decent public transportation.  Great museums.  Good foodie scene.  If you want more specifics, you might mention in more detail what it is you're looking for and what part of town you'll be in, as well as where you're moving from. 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

getting robbed at any moment

@richard  Have you ever been to Chicago?  No. No you haven't.  I got robbed at the airport.  $7 for a bottle of water!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Marked temperature swings between winter and summer.

• 4 months ago

Getting shot...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.