Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 2 months ago

My dream is to be a famous singer and my father said he doesn’t believe I will succeed and this hurt my feelings?

He could just be trying to boost your motivation. Obviously, people don't like being told they can't do something. For many, this makes them want to try even harder to spite those who doubt them.

When I was in high school, one of my teachers told me a story about seeing one of his students on a basketball court. He said he wanted to be a basketball player in the future. My teacher deliberately expressed doubt and told him he couldn't do that. Of course, my teacher did believe in him and wanted him to succeed. It was just a motivator for that kid to continue to try their best so he could eventually fulfill his dream.

I'm unsure whether or not your father meant what he said, but if you're a glass-half-full kind of person, you can use this explanation to help you realize that he may actually believe in you, and is just using reverse-psychology to help propel you. After all, even if he is being honest in his words, doesn't that make you want to try harder just to spite him?

Yes it is, no he doesn't and yes it did.  Thank you for asking, I think.

What's the question? Welcome to the real world. If you're going to pursue a singing career prepare for a lot of criticism. If your feelings are easily hurt forget about becoming a singer. 

Cool story.

What's the question?

• Kaz

Well if you want to be a success, you have to tune out the negatives and concentrate on being the best you can be.  Don't let "hurt feelings" stop you from pursuing your dreams.  (However, you should consider you may NOT have the talent necessary to attain that success, but it might be worth giving it a shot).

If something as simple as that hurts your feeling you will never make it. It's a rough business filled with mostly failure.

Ignore him and anyone else criticizing your dream. He’s prob just concerned you’ll not be productive and take care of yourself financially while you’re pursuing it. Be responsible simultaneously and you’ll feel less pressure by him

• Bob

Ask a question.

So prove him wrong. As for your feelings you better get use to criticism if you want to make it to the big time .

Maybe your dad is being to blunt but he probably thinks you won’t. Are you hurt he said it or would you be hurt if just anyone said you wouldn’t .

Anyway give your best to get your dream.  But have a plan b ready 

Okay. What’s your question?