If States are reopening, why are some things still cancelled?

If States are reopening, would they have cancelled all 4th of July events with fireworks, and Sports without Crowds this year, and why have they Cancelled County Fairs, Baseball, Golf, Tennis, etc. cancelled this Summer?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Most re-openings are in phases. Where I live, restaurants are re-opened, but at 25% capacity. If all goes well, we'll go to 50% next month. The idea is to keep large groups of people from being together in close proximity where they will pass the virus on to each other. Gatherings of more than 50 are still prohibited where I live. County Fairs draw crowds. Some places are having baseball games with no observers crowded together in the stands because baseball player are not usually near each other anyway. Same for golf- they are spread out on an outside course- but observers are prohibited. It's common sense. The virus passes from person to person, and we're still having more than 1,500 deaths per day in the U.S. 

• Ben2 months agoReport

Will there ever be a vaccine for this daily crisis?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The short answer is that venues and promotors fear liability should they stage these events and someone gets sick (and sues them). 

• 2 months ago

They are reopening businesses for economic reasons. They are not fully reopening. It is still too dangerous to have crowded events.

• 2 months ago

I don't understand the fireworks thing either.

And golf is also mind boggling. NASCAR and golf seem to be two sports that could easily operate (and NASCAR is). I mean in golf the fans aren't allowed to make noise so it wouldn't really be that much different. The golfers have no reason to be within 6ft of each other. The broadcasters stay on their own holes. It would seem to be the easiest thing to work around.

But fairs and things need to cancel early mostly because the amount of planning it takes that trying to change at the last minute tends to cost a lot of money. The earlier you cancel the more money you save and with the unknown of what is ahead fairs, concerts and other want to cancel early.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

cause theyre afraid people are going to catch the corona virus

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because people will not "socially distance" when they get plastered...  Do you approve of drunkenness?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.