Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAlternativeParanormal Phenomena · 2 months ago

Why do people think they know everything about Earth ?

Like the fact that there really could be portals and other supernatural things going on. Heck,there's no telling what lurks in parts of the undiscovered sea.

Update:

Lol no wonder the government is playing you all for fools. You're ridiculously ignorant and gullible. Pathetic 

Update 2:

English guy, ANYTHING is possible is what I meant

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Why do people believe we know much less than we actually do know about Earth? Is no evidence for mystic portals. Golden Gate Bridge and Chinatown Gate obviously exist of course. Bathyscaphe descend to deepest part of ocean at Mariana Trench. In it, Challenger Deep is deepest part of Earth's oceans, is 10,984 meters deep. In 1997, the Bell & Ross "Hydro Challenger" became the most water-resistant watch. It was water-resistant 11,000 meters. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • D g
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yeah sure some idiot calls people fools when he believes in portals or something but can't prove it

Para normal or super natural are only terms used to explain things that seem unexplained 

At one time religion claimed gods created thunder and lightning now we know the actual reason

• j153e
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
  • Mr. P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

To a lot of people it brings them comfort to know there is nothing out there that can harm them.

Like if you were in the Atlantic in a boat and nobody talked about sharks or giant squid.

No mention that if the Sun had a solar flare in our direction that it could put us back in the stone age, or if one of the thousands of near earth objects decides to impact earth it could destroy over half our civilised world (as NASA has warned us)/

Or that we are at the far end of an interglacial period - and are overdue the next ice age which could see our population plummet to mere existence in the icy winter of a 1000 years.

Or that viruses mutate and it only takes one to be lethal - and that is it for us.

Sure portals and the supernatural exist - but are small potatoes compared to the rest  of things that can affect us.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'm not aware of anyone who has made this claim. There's many mysteries and unknowns about our universe, and Earth.  However, the scientific method can whittle down what is real, what is contradictory to that which is real, and what is unlikely.

• Tom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There IS no supernatural---only the natural we have not discovered or defined yet. That there was a branch of an alternate "Reality" that did not conform to our Science and called "Supernatural" arose in the past when there still COMMON phenomena based on things we did not know about at the time, such as Electricity EMR, aspects of Physics, etc. that was behind it.  Not to mention "Spirits and "Ghosts" and "Magic" that people attributed to phenomena we could not understand.-----

As time went on, however most of these phenomena were found to be a result of forces (Like electricity) we did not know about earlier on. Over time,  a lot of progress has been made to "Cover" MOST of what we couldn't understand  electricity, radioactivity can account for what we may encounter day by day.--------But does THIS mean we have already DISCOVERED and defined EVERYTHING already?-----Of course not.    People STILL believe in "The Supernatural" as there is STILL Phenomena we do not understand yet.----And people still attribute unknown phenomena to "Ghosts, Spirits, etc."

People STILL encounter UNEXPLAINED phenomena TODAY.   And some folks STILL attribute it to "Supernatural forces or entities"   of course most of these cases can be explained by Hallucinations, Illusions misinterpretations and outright fraud.----But NOT ALL of them.   Just because superstitious people claim a given phenomenon was "A ghost" does NOT mean the EVENT did NOT happen because "Ghosts do not exist"--------That is a LAZY (or frightened man's) common logic error. A way to Sweep the event under the rug and ignore it.-----Of Course we are gonna encounter REAL Phenomena we cannot understand as long as out SCIENCE is INCOMPLETE.----Just because a witness attributes it to a Mythical "supernatural" entity that likely does not exist does not change the effect that SOMETHING happened.---It it is a true unknown it should be studied.

• Dr. NG
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You're right there could be supernatural things going on under the sea. We must consider though since there are no supernatural things going on anywhere else chances are they aren't there either. 

• Dr. NG
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

The term "anything is possible" is false. If anything is possible then it's possible for something to be impossible

• 2 months ago

I never claimed to know everything but, after working on a couple of farms, I know horse manure when I see it. I also know how to recognize the fallacy of "argument from ignorance".

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Feel free to continue with your fantasies.

• ...Show all comments
    • Michael Shotton
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

One other thing yucky, we don't give a feck what this or that mean in Japan. We aren't in Japan. This is an English speaking site. Try it some time.

• 2 months ago

One thing I'm sure of ... Earth is flat.

• B P2 months agoReport

One thing I'm sure of... earth is not sphere.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.