Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 2 months ago

Is covid19 going to last all year or forever ?

Is there hope for corona to end? Or we going to have to adapt to home 247?

Or wear mask to leave home to only essential places?

It'll be more prevalent until the vaccine is finalized and wide spread.  But, even the treatment is fast tracked and they're learning things (like ventilators don't help).

Nonetheless, depending on where you live is what you'll notice.  If you're in New York City, you'll be closed down for a bit.  If you go to Florida, you won't even notice that there was a virus.

Lots of stores open.  We went shopping to non-Target / Grocery / Lowe's stores today...with masks.

Hope for best,something best might happen..

Forever ... just like the "regular" flu.

I think forever.

• Shay

The disease will always exist.  There is no way to completely remove an existing disease - there is only ways to reduce the effects of the disease or prevent people from catching the disease.

There is hope that a vaccine or "cure" can be created that will make it less deadly.

Once a vaccine is created and there is enough proof that it works, then life should return to normal.  Until that point, the safest thing to do is avoid crowds, usual social distancing, and wear a mask if you do need to be out in public.  And don't forget to use hand sanitizer after touching surfaces that other people may have touched.

• Judith

It might be with us forever - just like colds and the flu.  But like the measles, mumps, polio, chicken pox, etc it will be controllable and practically unheard of once a vaccine has been developed.  Until then, exercise caution and wear your masks.

As for now, even if everything is opened up I'm going to lay low for several months with a "wait and see" attitude.  I believe too many places have or will be opening up way too soon because of economics and also because many people are too complacent.  I don't know about you but I know no one who has had the virus let alone died from it.  It's hard to believe something is so serious when it doesn't impact you or anyone you know.  As a result, those people are out there in close contact with others without masks.  I just hope for their sake that they are right and I am wrong.

I wear a mask every time I leave my apartment - even when I go down to the lobby to pick up my mail - just in case I run into some of my friends and we stand and chat with each other.  I especially make sure I wear it whenever I leave my car.

• SumDude

60,000 Americans die every year [in 150 day season = 400 a day (!) vs 1,000 a day from the CV]  from the regular flu despite millions of Americans getting vaccinated; but we do not shut down the economy, or even wear masks. This whole "thing" (situation) is weird. Cross our fingers, pray, whatever.

I believe are ending the shutdown too early, for political purposes.  ALL the scientists think that, but Trump is doing all he can to shut them up.  He's said several times in the last few days that we're open for business, second wave or no second wave.  We had a shutdown for 2 months but we've basically wasted it.  We have 90,000 deaths so far, but if we go Trump's way that will only be the beginning.

I think COVID will make a comeback, very possibly worse than before.  Trump doesn't care so long as the 2nd wave happens after the election.  Getting elected is more important to him than another 100,000 American lives.

The virus will go away on its own  It will burn out by itself.  But that will take much longer than it might have, and MANY more deaths than we might have had.  With better leadership (in fact, just with -leadership), we might be over it by now!

But WTF do I know?  I could be wrong, in fact I hope I am.  Wait 6 months and see how it goes.

Perhaps we were shut down TOO long for political purposes.  Clearly it depends on the color of your lenses.

i hope not, i hate all these shutdowns

• .

Will last until their is a vaccine or humanity acquires some natural immunity to it.

You will be ok as long as you keep a mask full of vagina cheese over your face at all times.

being an idiot is not an admirable thing to be.