Need nursing school path advice. I was accepted into an accelerated MSN program this Fall. But, I was also accepted into CC ADN program.?

I am unsure which path I should take right now given that both schools will most likely be online learning. I already hold a bachelor's degree in another field. Any current nurses wish to help me decide which path I should take? Would my career be better off if I paid 50k+ for a bachelor's and MSN degree right away or should I earn my RN license through my CC ADN program and return for BSN thru an online program as I work as an RN?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm not in the nursing field, but those in nursing have said that most hospitals either prefer or require job applicants with at least a BSN, so perhaps you may keep that in mind whether to consider the MSN or ADN program.

Just an fyi that even if "medical terminology" is not required, it's still recommended, which may help with reading patients' charts and overall basic knowledge.

• hmh2 months agoReport

TY. Work at a hospital now on a covid-19 unit. Already have foot in door as CNA which I should have mentioned. Spoke to RN's on my unit & they said ADN's perform better and, there might be a shortage of RN's due to COVID-19 that in 2 years, hospital's won't be too picky about an ADN vs. a BSN RN.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Kieth
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

With your RN, you would be able to write your own ticket. Los Angeles, New York, Honolulu, where do you want to earn top dollar?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.