Ebay seller put the wrong picture but mentioned the right product in the description. Who will Ebay side with if I ask to return it?

So I saw an ebay listing for something I was looking for. I bought it and when it came, it was a different model from what was in the pictures. I contacted the seller but they said that the correct model was mentioned in the item description. I want to get my money back but who will Ebay side with, me or the seller? 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Adrian
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I would try Ebay for a return anyway. Just claim "not as advertised", showing your picture of the item, and ask Ebay to compare to the seller's picture (they have a copy).

I've had some items where they show one picture with certain chips on the board, but they ship a different board. The item "model" was the same, but description did not specify that it was different chipset than the picture shown. I got my refund....

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ebay will side with the seller. The Model was in the description and as long as the item matches the product description, you have not received an incorrect product.  Live and learn. 

• gabriel1 month agoReport

Nope, just won the case. I’m glad you’re wrong!

• Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I would have already started the process and found out but here you are

• gabriel2 months agoReport

I already did but it takes days to come up with a solution.

• JJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's worth a try. eBay is quirky, but usually sides with the buyer when something is not as described, and pictures are definitely part of the description.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.