When should I tell my parents that I am sexually active? 16F?

I’m in a monogamous romantic relationship (he’s 17M). He’s my first bf, but he’s had a couple sexual partners before me. He makes me feel safe and he respects my boundaries, so I told him that I was ready to start experimenting. We’ve talked about STDs and I was put on birth control before we started dating for PMDD. My parents generally trust my judgement and I’m not keeping this a secret from them, but it feels weird that my mom doesn’t know about this huge aspect of my life. I’ve learned a lot throughout my experience and feel prouder of my body. I feel like we could have more to talk about? We talk about everything but idk if that would make her uncomfortable. 

(Side note: we broke the hammock and idk if telling her it was “because my top game is too intense” would be wildly inappropriate. Do I blame that on the dog?)

• Foofa

If you have a close relationship with your mother you can lay it out as you did in this question (but I'd leave out the part about your "top game"). This is important because while you may be "prouder" of your body your mind and your emotions remain those of a child and you'll need parental support when the inevitable happens and this relationship ends (as all teen love affairs eventually do). Most youngsters are physically capable of sex long before they're emotionally prepared for the aftermath.

• Lili

Why do you need to tell them?

Your parents have already assumed that you MIGHT be sexually active. They have prepared you for it.  But unless you have some specific question or concern, it is not necessary for you to make some great announcement.  They're not discussing THEIR sex life with YOU, are they?

You can tell your mother if you wish, but again, if you don't have something in particular you want to know or discuss, I don't think this is required.

I hope for your sake that you're just a troll, because part of this post is just ludicrous.

You don't have to tell them.  You don't know how they will take the news. You belong to them legally until you're 18, so wait until then.

You don’t have to tell them lol. Keep it Lowkey.

• Alan H

You hardly seem remotely mature enough.

I would definitely share this with your mother.  Tell her about the broken hammock.  Ask her how intense her top game is.

Explain that your bf didn't get tested, but he DID talk to you about STDs.

I'm sure you, your mother and your father will enjoy a lot of laughs comparing your sexual experiences.  And who is a better bet than a 17-year old boy who has had "a couple sexual partners before you."  He's a seasoned sex partner.

Another topic could be how no birth control is 100% safe and why you don't mention your birth control and him using a condom.

That's entirely up to you and only you know your parents well enough to know how they might react. I wouldn't say a thing, but since you said you're going to tell them, then yes, It likely will be awkward to some degree for both you and parents. As for the hammock, I think its best to blame it on the dog, lol.

were the same age but your sex life and your relationship with your parents are private they do not need to know details about your personal life. set boundaries. 

I'm sure your parents screwed each other plenty at that age I'm sure they will understand.