What vitamins help lower blood pressure?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Water is the most important nutrient the body needs to sustain life. It regulates every function in the body, carries nutrients to every part of the body, cleans metabolic waste from the cells after they have completed the metabolic process, and it carries this toxic waste to the kidneys for disposal.

Blood is 94% water when you're properly hydrated. When you become dehydrated it loses around 8% of its water volume and becomes concentrated - at the same time, the vessels usually constrict to compensate for the reduced blood volume.

This thicker blood being pumped through the narrower vessels increases the workload on the heart, which has to increase the blood pressure.

Correcting high blood pressure can be done simply by drinking more water.

If you're taking medication, this doesn't mean you should stop. You should never stop taking medication on your own. Because water is a vital need for the body, it is compatible with any and all medications.

Just drink the water and it will fix the blood pressure issue. When your doctor sees that you no longer need the medications he will take you off (or reduce them).

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No immediate BP gratification from vitamins.  Long term use, however, of vitamin E has been shown to dilate blood vessels which would have a therapeutic effect on BP.

• ...Show all comments
    • 1 month agoReport

Generally speaking, dilation of blood vessels will result in lower BP.  Generally speaking.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They don't. You need BP Meds.

• ...Show all comments
    • Tavy
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

High BP is usually caused by stress, mine was. Chris, taking vitamins will not lower it, I was on fish oil for years, it helped my arthritis but did not nothing for my high BP.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

none and they have pills for that

• Chris1 month agoReport

Not everything can be cured or treated with just pills but I know what you are saying.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.