Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 2 months ago

Do most kidnappers use soundproof walls? Should there be a law that those who purchase?

Sound proof walls should be registered and be checked on?

Many kidnappers use cars, vans, trucks to transport their victims. Many kidnappers use duct tape to immobilise their victims. Many kidnappers use sleeping pills to sedate their victims.

I hope you see where I'm going with this.

You watch way too many movies and tv shows. Kidnappers are opportunity criminals. They may snatch someone and keep them at a remote location where soundproofing isn't even necessary. Ariel Castro kidnapped three young girls and kept them in his HOUSE in a busy neighborhood without soundproofing anything. Intimidation and threats keep people quiet enough. 

Soundproofing is used for many reasons, not only kidnapping. In fact, I'd say that in over 99 percent of all cases, it's not crime that drives sales of soundproofing. Why add yet another layer of government control where it isn't even needed?

• Monalisa1 month agoReport

Nevertheless when buying, it should be mandatory registration with valid ID for all so It is easily track.

Not necessarily, we plan to have a sound proof room at our new place because my husband loves loud music and I'm a light sleeper. Some people have noisy rowdy neighbors and they may opt to sound proof the walls.

I won't be so paranoid about kidnappers.  Unless you plan to participate in one, pleas give a shout out..

• JB

It's not like kidnapping is a union job, or otherwise common. Sound proofing materials would be impossible to legislate.

I’m not familiar with what a kidnapper does with soundproofing, but I don’t believe  soundproof walls should be registered.

Soundproof walls are very common amongst musicians and people who record for things like YouTube videos. I assume more so than folk who intend to kidnap. The most common form of soundproofing is soundproof foam (acoustic panels)

My old high school has out music rooms covered with soundproof foam and from my own experience you can still hear loud noises within, it’s just a little more quiet. (As we got many complaints to turn the noise down from other classes).

So even if a kidnapped soundproofed their walls with acoustic panels a loud enough scream would most likely make its way through (unless the walls were several layers of brick, but that would render the need of acoustic foam useless as the walls would do a good enough job).

• Cyril

I'd like to have it in my house but I'm not a kidnapper.

They should be banned! Only the police, military and politicians should be allowed to have them. Same as guns.

Source(s): I am a Democrat.