Lv 6

if put a bigger hard drive in your computer , will it make it faster? (if are over 75 percent full)?

i was thinking i might get a bigger hard drive since it has been a few years and the 1 TB that i have now is getting nearly full...so was thinking of a 2 TB. would my computer be faster? or maybe i should just get a external hard drive and move excess files to it and just format my 1 TB and reorganize my files? how long do hard drives usually last? how depends?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

A larger hard drive won't make your computer run faster. You will just have more storage space available. If you want a more responsive system, consider installing an SSD. SSDs are faster than hard drives and SSHDs.SSHDs primarily work by caching your most frequently used files in the flash storage portion of the drive and the rest of the data is stored on the HDD. SSHDs never really became popular.

• Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

is an SSHD better than a regular hard drive? how much better?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Bill-M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Only if your going from a Mechanical Hard Drive to a Solid State Hard Drive.

• Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

what about a SSHD? (Solid state hybrid drive)

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Get an SSD. It's that simple.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Bigger hard drives do not make your computer faster, unless it’s a solid-state boot drive.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.