emily5
emily5 asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 5 months ago

I know girls and women like diamond and gold. One time I went to the store and find a engagement rings that cost $16,000.?

I know engagement rings that cost $16,000 is very serious. I find some rings that cost $30,000 each and it is more serious. I know most people can not afford that expensive rings.  

Can someone tell me how much do you spend on your rings if you wanted too???? Thank you for sharing and thank you for your time. Have a good day and take care. Good bye and good luck. 

Favorite Answer

The bride and the groom should pick out the ring together. They should already know each other so well that she knows what he can afford. If she wants a fancier ring and is tactful, she can offer to pay for the entire mortgage for X number of months while he pays for the ring. She should not offer to directly pitch in for a ring that is supposed to be a gift from him. The diamond industry will tell you to spend three months’ salary on a ring. Pay no attention to that.

• Edna

You went to a jewelry store and found engagement rings that cost $16,000. to $30,000?  I'm sure you did - you can also find engagement rings that cost 100's of 1000's of dollars; but who would want to pay that much money for an engagement ring? 

It's not the cost of the ring that makes it "serious" - it's the love behind it. 

My husband and I went shopping for my engagement ring together, and we picked out a ring that he could afford. It was an emerald-cut diamond on a white-gold band and it cost right at $150, because that's all we could afford at the time. I was just as proud of that ring as I would have been if it had cost $100,000.

• Trish

I would not spend more than 2k but I am female...I don't purchase the ring he does so I may expect more because men make a lot more money than women.

You spend as much as you can reasonably afford.

There's no set amount (the 'one month's wage' thing is utter nonsense)

• Jerry

I know some people like designer shoes, but I wouldn't be making any long range plans with someone who wanted me to contribute toward paying $1.2K for a pair of sneakers. 

If you know someone well enough to marry, then you know the someone well enough to propose with an inexpensive ring and then discuss together, as an engaged couple, how much to spend in a ring and how to pay for it. When you buy the inexpensive ring, either choose something that can traded in replaced with a "real" engagement ring or something so low priced that it an be an extra gift to your beloved. 

• Kelly

You spend what you can afford to and are comfortable with.  Nothing more, going into debt for a ring is not wise.  You also keep in mind what he recipients tastes are.

3 months salary is some straight up BS.  "3 months salary" was a marketing campaign in circa 1940 by DeBeers Jewelers aimed to ... sell more diamond rings.  That's it.

I only know a guessitmate of how much my ring was.  I just know what it was worth when I got it because I got it insured.  

The cost of a ring doesn't determine the seriousness of it.

• 3 months' salary remains a good ballpark figure on how much to spend.