My Father will steal my late mothers money, who do I contact?

My mother passed away and left her pension to go to me however my father has it for himself. Also, her house that she built, is for sale but the money from selling the house goes to me as per my mothers request.

My father has other children from other women and my mom feared he will keep the money to share with them instead of giving it to her only child, me.

I'm completely in the dark because all information and mail my father keeps secret.

Who exactly do I contact about seeing the testimony, or have look at about my mothers pension? I'm not sure what department this is under or who to google for more information regarding this. Any direction you suggest is extremely important to me, it might change my life depending how this all ends. I fear my father will just end up spending all the money my mother worked hard for. Is there a legal person I can contact?

No "department". You hire a lawyer.

Unless the paperwork with whoever administers the pension names you as beneficiary,she DID NOT leave it to you, even if her will says she did. The pension is NOT part of the estate subject to the terms of the will unless the beneficiary clause names the estate, or is completely blank.

If you are the named beneficiary of the pension, and a legal adult, your father CANNOT access the pension.

As for the house, NOTHING she said while alive is legally meaningful unless WRITTEN in her will.

If you believe you are not receiving what you are legally due, you HIRE AN ATTORNEY.

Note: My original answer assumed the pension CAN be left to you, which may not be true.

• xyzzy

Contact an estate lawyer. Did your mother have a will? Were your Father and Mother married when she died? Typically pensions end at the pensioners death.

• Foofa

If Mom died without a will her spouse is considered her legal next of kin for purposes of inheritance. So if that's the case you're probably out of luck. But if the husband is doing things in violation of her will you'd need to get a lawyer and take him to court.

Is there a will? Who is listed as the beneficiary of the pension? You need a lawyer.

Pensions do NOT get passed to children. Pensions can only be passed to a SPOUSE.

As far as any other possessions or assets.. Unless there is a WILL, the spouse gets it.

• Tavy

Did your Mother leave a Will?  if not then everything will go to your father. Talk to a Lawyer

• Bill

go see the executor of the will or get a lawyer involved

A lawyer.               

• Tasm

To start with, you can try and find your moms Will.

Link below. Then you can take that to an attorney to get what is rightfully yours.