Would anybody know how much my Signed copy of Harry Potter and the philosophers stone is worth? ?

It’s paperback and in ok condition albeit slightly discoloured and a few turned up edges, it is signed on the inside front cover by John hurt 

Hi, I would buy it :) if you are interested

It's not valuable because she signs millions of books. If she only signed yours, then it would be different but that's not the case here.

It’s worth as much as people are willing to pay 

• Marli

John Hurt's signature may interest a collecting fan, but the edition and condition of the book are against getting more than you paid for the book IMO.

Some of the answers have said - quite correctly - that John Hurt's signature isn't all that special. Sure: but this isn't a random scrap of paper with his signature, but a copy of a Potter book signed by the well-known and much-respected actor who played an important part in the films.

For those reasons, I personally would pay quite a lot more than anybody has suggested so far. Unfortunately for you, I really really don't need to be adding more books to my stash, but there may be others like me who fee; that the *combination* of the book, the signature and the fact that the signature represents a character in the films, makes it more valuable than just the book alone, or just Hurt's signature alone.

• Lomax

The book is worth nothing.

The signature - John Hurt's not exactly A-list, neither are his signatures terribly rare. Maybe £10?

Close to nothing:

A. The book itself is not rare, even as a first edition (if it is at all). B. The book is pretty new, it's not a classic or anything. C. The author is still very much alive and therefore there are probably thousands or more other signatures out there - and there will be more. D. The author herself did not sign the book, someone else did. E. It's condition is pretty bad, especially for a relatively new book.So you could either price it based on the book itself, which would be less than its retail value because it's used, so the final value would depend on this second-hand book's condition much like any other second-hand book. Or you could price it based on the signature alone. Based on the person who, in this case, doesn't mean much to almost anyone, even collectors.Given all that and the book's condition, it's pretty worthless. 15 USD at best. And I'm being generous. 

The value is going to be affected by which edition of the book the signature is on.  If it is an first edition, the book itself is probably worth more than the signature.  Hurt's signature is not that rare so it is not the valuable.  You would need to have a book dealer look at the book.  

Have a look on ebay and online specialist book dealers See how much comparable items are up for sale for. 

John Hurt's autograph is for sale online for £20 - £23 so I'd say less than that. 

• Tavy

Not much it's not the authors signature.