Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 3 months ago

Do I have a nice name?

My name is Elaina, pronounce Ey-Lay-Na. I’ve always been quite insecure about it because it’s not very common and old fashioned. In your personal opinion, do you think it is a nice name for a girl?

Yes I love the name but it’s common where I live 

• Jesere

It's an elegant sounding name....

YES!!!!

Stick with it, !!!!!

• blank

Your name is fine.

Elaine, which was popular in the 1940s, is more old-fashioned. Elaina and Elena, which are more popular now, are both very pretty names. Elaina has the advantage of the nicknames Ella, Ellie and Lainey -- and we all know how much teenage girls love nicknames!

Elaina is a beautiful name.

• Holly

I love it! I think it’s a very nice name you should be proud to have it.

• Snid

I think it's very pretty.  I've always said it like E-lay-na, though.

6/10                    

Oh my GOODNESS!

Do NOT be insecure about it! It's old-fashioned in a timeless, classic way and it's so beautiful that Elaina/Elaine/Elena have been making a comeback for a while now.

Tons and tons of people absolutely adore this name - I am one of them.

It looks nice written down and sounds awesome. It's feminine and soft with the l and the a ending, but that long A sound makes it super strong, grounded and solid. It's a very well-rounded, ageless name and I m sure there are lots of people in your life that love your name and think it suits you perfectly :)

You also have nickname options if you want to try changing it up! I'm sure you've thought of them already but El, Ellie, Lainey, Laina are all very pretty.