Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 3 months ago

Do I have a nice name?

My name is Elaina, pronounce Ey-Lay-Na. I’ve always been quite insecure about it because it’s not very common and old fashioned. In your personal opinion, do you think it is a nice name for a girl?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes I love the name but it’s common where I live 

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's an elegant sounding name....

• 2 months ago

YES!!!!

Stick with it, !!!!!

• blank
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Your name is fine.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Elaine, which was popular in the 1940s, is more old-fashioned. Elaina and Elena, which are more popular now, are both very pretty names. Elaina has the advantage of the nicknames Ella, Ellie and Lainey -- and we all know how much teenage girls love nicknames!

• 3 months ago

Elaina is a beautiful name.

• Holly
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

I love it! I think it’s a very nice name you should be proud to have it.

• Snid
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I think it's very pretty.  I've always said it like E-lay-na, though.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

6/10                    

• 3 months ago

Oh my GOODNESS!

Do NOT be insecure about it! It's old-fashioned in a timeless, classic way and it's so beautiful that Elaina/Elaine/Elena have been making a comeback for a while now.

Tons and tons of people absolutely adore this name - I am one of them.

It looks nice written down and sounds awesome. It's feminine and soft with the l and the a ending, but that long A sound makes it super strong, grounded and solid. It's a very well-rounded, ageless name and I m sure there are lots of people in your life that love your name and think it suits you perfectly :)

You also have nickname options if you want to try changing it up! I'm sure you've thought of them already but El, Ellie, Lainey, Laina are all very pretty.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.