Cris asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

What is the main reason why Ray Rice never got another NFL contract?

I know he wasn't supposed to put his hands on a women BUT there are alot of Child Abusers playing in the NFL.

Beating a child is worse that hitting a women. Because a children can not defend themselves and some women do know ho to defend themselves.

Yes Ray did drop in production but he should have gotten a second chance. Child Abusers: Adrian Peterson and Tyreek Hill got many chances.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Ray Rice never got a second chance because he plays a position that ages out early, his production declined and THEN he had his big controversy.  If he hit his wife while coming off a 1500 yard rushing season, I GUARANTEE he would have been given a second chance.  

I would argue that he SHOULD NOT have been given a second chance.  Neither should any CONVICTED violent offender.  NFL contracts should be effectively voided by a guilty plea or a conviction for a violent offense, with the player obligated to return a prorated portion of any bonus money.  And then they should be banned indefinitely (until they get an overturn of the conviction).

But the NFL has ALWAYS been two-faced about this sort of stuff.  They claim to be all family values...but there's a LONG history of the league being willing to give talented athletes any number of chances in pursuit of on field glory.  Rice's sin is that he no longer had any on field glory to give.  So why, if you're an owner, would you want the PR disaster of bringing him back if he's not going to give you W's?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

My best guess is that Ray Rice probably developed a poor work ethic after winning Super Bowl XLVII.

• 1 month ago

He was basically blackballed or exiled from the nfl , no team wants to have a person on the roster with that horrible pr sorry his football career had to end that way but the video did him in

• Goldfly252000
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

So how was his PR worse then Peterson? Same season, and AP did it AFTER Ray Rice, as well as AP doing it to a child.

• 1 month ago

Maybe they just didn't like his addittude!There are a lot of things that go on behind the scenes that the public doesn't hear about

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It doesn't seem fair when you have Joe Biden, a racist pedophile, being allowed to run for president.

• 1 month ago

He wasn't good enough. To anyone who denies that his talent level was the reason remember that Adrian Peterson BEAT HIS CHILD after Ray Rice got in trouble and STILL got multiple contracts. The Vikings didn't even cut him. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The commish wants to look good. He at first gave Rice a light penalty but the video showed him hitting his woman hard and there was an uproar. To keep the issue behind him, he wants to ban Rice for life from the NFL.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

if you owned an NFL team, would you want to be bothered with Rice's nonsense?

• Cris1 month agoReport

I'm only bothered by that fact that his production is dropped and that he can not help my team win anymore. Going form 1100 yards a year to only 600 yards would be very alarming.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.