Coworker nitpicks EVERYTHING i do?

I’m 17 and I’ve been working part time at Coldstone (an ice cream shop) for a year. Recently, one of my coworkers (has been working there 6 years) who used to be nice has started criticizing everything I do. I swear they are looking for things to critique, I’ve even asked other coworkers who are higher up than him about his critiques and for most of them they said I was right and he was wrong, or that it literally did not matter either way. It’s the TINIEST stuff, like saying when I put the ingredients on the ice cream to blend together, I have to put oreos before brownie bits... trust me, it doesn’t matter what order you put it in for ingredients like that. 

I can’t stand it anymore. It annoys me so much I just stopped talking to him unless necessary. If he gives another stupid critique I think I’m gonna blow up lol! What would you do?

Hi Emma, although I thoroughly empathize with your dilemma, to blow up would only get you into hot water as he's a longterm employee despite him being a complete dickh**d! Your idea to just ignore him might offer up a better solution while noting down how many times he irritates you with his petty behaviour and then taking to the boss once you've got enough evidence that he's bullying you for no reason as his criticism has no validity other than that of a bullying nature.  

I would blow up, too.

All i can say is go to your supervisor or HR Dept. If this coworker is your supervisor, go to HR dept.

Tell your co-worker that you come to work not to argue.

• car253

Tell the person if they do not like the way you do things to let your boss know.   She is not your boss and you do not take orders from her. 

If they are nitpicking, tell them to mind their own business.  Once or twice and they'll decide to do their job.

Next time they say it just stop what you are doing and look at them and tell them this is the way you are doing it and they can do it there way and if they have any complaints then tell the supervisor but if not then do their work and stop annoying you - I live in Glasgow Scotland and most people would tell them to f*ck off and mind their own business.

Get use to it, those kind of jerks are in every work place no matter what age you are

Tell him to back off and any future criticism will only be accepted by your supervisor, and your supervisor is the only person you will make any changes for.

Tell this person that if he sees a problem then he should go to the supervisor and inform him/her. Other wise shut the hell up

Once you stand up to this person, he will see you are not going to take it anymore, as long as you are he will continue 

Some people need to be told off just once. Your not fighting back is giving them the idea that you will accept abuse. It could cost you your job to do so, since you say this person has been there 6 years. But think about that. An ice cream server is not an adult profession. It's a job teens have and then move onto something bigger and better. What kind of loser is this?

It's up to you to solve how to work this out, as it is a personality thing. I would give them a never-ending stare with my big blues. 

Pay no attention. You can also has to work different shifts if its that big a deal.