Bigger after surgery?

I had a breast augmentation five days ago. I was weighed before my surgery and was 109. Immediately after surgery, I went up to 116 and I don’t understand how. I realize implants do add a little bit of weight, but I got 355cc implants which shouldn’t have added that much. It’s been five days and I still weigh 116. How is this possible? I feel like I even look a little bigger. Is this normal? Will this eventually go away?

Thanks.

We probably need to see pictures of the new boobs to determine whether they would add that much weight to you. Preferably lots of pictures from different angles.

• Laura

Yes this is normal. 

Your entire body is swollen because you had your chest open on the surgery table for hours.  Surgery is very hard on the body, even if it is an elective surgery like this. 

This is all water weight. 

If you are this concerned with your looks and your weight, you need therapy, not plastic surgery. 

• D50

Are the different weights all on the same scale? They often disagree.

That sucks, I hope you realize guys hate fat chicks, but the black men will love you!

• Courtney2 months agoReport

Hey, you’re really funny.

It is probably inflammation and retained water.  When you have surgery, you body is flooded with IV fluids and various mediation that can cause water retention -- plus the surgery causes inflammation in the incision area.

I'd suggest you stop weighing yourself until the swelling has gone down. Feel free to contact the plastic surgeon's office if you are concerned. 

Likely water weight gain.  You're right, two 355 cc implants would not increase your weight close to 7 lbs.

• ?

That 109 is fragile. Any little push, laying around, a slightly bigger dinner, retaining water makes it go up.

I had breast implants too at a average weight and didnt go up. If I was very thin like you I would had gone up that much too.

Adjusting the size of your breast can bring some temporary side effects like any surgery. Swelling, water weight gain, hormonal changes and adjustments. Whatever. Give it some time while your body adjusts. Pay close attention to fevers, which may indicate infection, or a sign of rejection. Keep a journal and take notes every day at the same time. For now, just monitor your body's changes, and if you really get worried, contact your plastic surgeon.