How would I go about fixing this lamppost?

This post got bashed in, I have no idea who to call, or how to fix it myself. What do I do?

Attachment image

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

glue it back into place using construction adhesive 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

To my eye, it looks stupid. I would get a shovel and remove it. 

• Monica1 month agoReport

That's funny as hell.

• 1 month ago

con estaño decorativo podes arreglar la parte metálica y unir las partes, la electrica debe ser profesionalmente con un matriculado

• 1 month ago

Hshshsbshsgsgsv

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

1) turn off the power, either at the switch, or at the Breaker Box. 

2) The brass piece at the top there is held on with a screw or bolt.  Use a matching screwdriver or socket and remove this piece.  

3) Inside the post you will find wire nuts which attach the lamp to the wiring.  Remove these and pull the lamp off. (Put the wire nuts back on the wires to protect them while you look for a new lamp. There is no way to repair the lamp you will have to replace it.  )  Use a piece of duck tape or electrical tape to hold these wires up so that you can find them easily when you need them later.  

4) Go to lowes or Home Depot or Menards or True Value Hardware with the bottom brass piece you removed, and ask them for  similar lamp with a similar base.  

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well, being stuck like this, not knowing what to do,  is a clear sign that you are living too well above your means.  And, it will come down eventually.   You will not have the nice lamp post to bother you someday.   Problem solved.

• ...Show all comments
    • Edwena
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The guy with the Benz knows where, when and why to get the oil changed.  It is the guy who has a guy to know where, when and why to get the oil changed that is essentially useless and will likely lose it all.  Same for lamp posts.

• arther
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

call an electrician to come and replace the light

• 1 month ago

I used to colect trademark of quality records

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Disconnect it from the source of the electrical supply.  Work out if you can reattach it to the post or not'. If yes then undo the lamp unit from the cable, then take it to someone who can work with glass and

metal to fix it. Almost certainly it will be cheaper to buy a new and similar looking unit.

* Putting back a repaired or a new unit depends upon the original mount not being too badly damaged and any weather seals being intact.

• ...Show all comments
    • ron h
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I would do that.  The light fixture is ruined. If you don't have confidence in your ability, call a handyman.  I don't think you need a $200 hr  electrician for this.   

• 1 month ago

Well you could fix it But that threaded hollow stud that is on the main fixture body To attach it to the lower base there is hole the stuff with the wire go through that hole and then it uses a nut to fasten it all together I could be wrong But if it was broken off The metal will be torn and you'll need a large washer so it will be able to tighten up and be somewhat rigid .Most would replace it But if you really wanted to it could be fixed Just depends on what your time is worth to you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.