Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 1 month ago

Where is old Hampshire?

I know that if there is a New Hampshire, there must be an old one as well. I have looked on the US map but it is not to be found, even In Hawaii and Alaska there is no older Hampshire. Is it in South America like the confederate states and Florida? Serious inquires only, I am an educated woman.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

In the UK, on the coast southwest of London and due north of the Isle of Wight.

An educated person should be clever enough to use a search engine. 

An educated person knows Florida and the Confederate States are not in South America.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

And in addition to all the others pointing you in the right direction, there is also York over there. None of them are called old because they were named before there was a new. Dad doesn't become Sr. until he and her make a Jr.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not that "educated" if you're not aware that Hampshire is located in the UK. 

• 1 month ago

Your not very educated if you cannot work out New Hampshire is named after

the county of Hampshire in England.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

In the UK (where you'll find the original places that many 'new' American places were named after)

• Dj2541
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I  cant really believe that you  are an  educated  woman, Home  school  much?????

• 1 month ago

It is in southern England. 

• 1 month ago

England look in England. The letters ...shire are an English ending meaning county or the equivalent. For example, my kin folk ancestors come from Leicester Leicestershire where Leicestershire is the county in which Leicester the town is located.

Check this out:

"Where is Hampshire UK?

Hampshire, administrative, geographic, and historic county of south-central England. It is bounded to the west by Dorset and Wiltshire, to the north by Berkshire, to the east by Surrey and West Sussex, and to the south by the English Channel"

NOTE: It is a "county."

• 1 month ago

Where is old Jersey?

• blackgrumpycat
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

ne of the Channel Islands between France and the UK
      https://www.jersey.com/

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"Hampshire" is in the UK, but you already knew this and are trying (and failing) to be funny.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.