Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 2 months ago

Every time I eat something sweet I get sick. Am I diabetic ?

• Sky
    Favorite Answer

Well, you didn't say sick in what way.  Diabetes is a possibility, or it could be any number of other things.  If your anonymously posted story is true, you should take your concerns to your physician.

• Shay

Diabetes is more than just getting sick when eating sugar.  In fact, many diabetics actually don't get obviously sick from eating sugar.

ALL carbohydrates become sugar in the body so a large plate of pasta is likely to have the same affect as a candy bar for someone who is actually diabetic.

You may or may not be having issues that could be related to diabetes.  Without a blood test there is no way to know for sure.

Not necessarily.  Eating sugar in a short space of time can cause rapid changes to your glucose levels and this can lead to headaches, nauseas or an upset stomach.  Another possibility could be an intolerance to sugar.  Given your concerns, have a conversation with your GP.