Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Will the Boris Johnson government fall before 2021 ?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Rod
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Approval ratings might be higher for the Boris Johnson GOVT before 2021.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Before 2021 that means some time later this year, excluding anything extraordinary to happen, very unlikely, 

Again, excluding anything extraordinary to happen, he's got at least another two years before there'll be any credible challenge to his authority, leadership and government.

• 1 month ago

NO: why should it?

• 1 month ago

I’d be surprised if they did. He’s got a huge majority an almost cult like status with his grassroots and Brexit backing him up.

If anyone is for the chop it’s Cummings. With such lame excuses combined with an inability to admit he’s wrong, he’s fast becoming a liability, although I’m sure he’ll end up somewhere else in the government functions in time, you know, when another crisis hits us and we forget about this current debacle 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • steve
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well with his handling of Covid-19 and the apparent one rule for the people and no rules for people in government he has lost massive amounts of support including  within his own government with several Tory MP's opposing him over his backing of Cummings including one minister who today resigned.

Even with his big majority if enough of his party turn against him that majority will be gone.

I don't think it will fall anytime soon but he has lost the support of vast numbers of people who voted conservative last time over the Cummings situation and people have long memories so whether he can last a full term or even whether his party actually want him to is very doubtful.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Considering that his party got in with a landslide victory. I doubt it very much.

This looks like a trolls question to me.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not with such a massive majority in Parliament. But don't rule out another leadership election if dissatisfaction with him grows. His support for Dominic Cummings has been very damaging and he needs to pull off some good trade deals without kowtowing to the Americans by accepting their sub-standard meat and poultry and supporting their foreign policy.

• 1 month ago

Depends on how all those ex Labour voters feel about him supporting someone like Cummings, when they've had to spend the last few BH weekends stuck in their gardens.  If they'd known that the 'Stay at home' meant drive to your parents and sister house......

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If it does, blame moose and squirrel.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No way. Not with his majority.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.