What's the difference between a journalist and a blogger these days?

Just scrolling through Yahoo! stories this morning. Most seem to be pointing out something they see as the president s apparent mistake or something someone else did wrong in their eyes. In the last week I can think of maybe two stories that I read where I didn't sense an agenda behind the story. If you are just going to cherrypick which "stats" you want to use and/or find people to "interview" that agree with your pre-conceived notions to write your story around, is there a difference between a blogger (writing their opinion) and a journalist these days?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

-- A Journalist works for a media outlet such as newspapers, magazines, radio and television. They attempt to report facts as accurately as possible which they some times can not because they are fed inaccurate material by government departments or corporations, or are in a hurry to meet deadlines etc., but still correct their reports when better facts are obtained.

--  A blogger works on the internet and frequently posts material that is not researched and sourced, and is often just opinions

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Journalist should report facts. Editorials for biased interpretations. Bloggers for opinions.

• 5 months ago

Journalists gain employment from the media, but they still have to adhere to the publication's political stance and style.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.