*me asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 5 months ago

How can I get rid of old plastic grocery bags?

These bags have been accumulating in my house for years and I don’t wanna toss them out in the regular trash! I used to take them to Vons they had a bin in the front of the store to recycle them but nobody does that anymore! And no I don’t wanna do crafts with them! Anybody know where I can take them to be rid of them?

Update:

I live in Southern California (Riverside County).

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Your recycle trash truck takes them with plastic water bottles 

• 5 months ago

I use then to line the garbage cans in the house.  If I have to many I put them in the recycle bin,

• Kate
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I use mine for bags in the kitchen bin so once they are full then they go out in the rubbish. Also good for storing things in cupboards. Also re-use them for shopping so you don't keep bringing new ones home.

• Tulip
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Find a recycle location

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Start with your local waste haulers website and see if they have a category for that. Our local grocery stores have bins near their entrance. Ask local dog walker or pet adoption center if they want them for walk bags.

• 5 months ago

Order a bag holder that fits on the inside of a kitchen cabinet door, about $8.00 on line. Use the bags to collect and dispose of your kitchen garbage.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Burn them.......

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

We've discovered the local daycare center wants them.  They use them to send home soiled clothing rather than having to buy bags for that purpose.

If you live near a city with a bag ban, you should be able to get rid of them pretty easily on a site like Nextdoor or Freecycle. 

• 5 months ago

Donate them to thrift and second hand shops - they would probably be glad of them.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I have a stock of them and use them as trash bags, so as not to have to buy any more plastic. So they go, but at least to some transitory purpose, and the ones I have are actually biodegradable.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.