Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 months ago

Is having a girlfriend a reward? Is not having a girlfriend a punishment? What is it that is being rewarded or punished?

I suppose it could be seen that way, if your young and inexperienced.  I used to hate hanging out with friends who were in couples and thought that I'd never meet a boyfriend that I really wanted to spend my time with!  In the end he was someone that I already knew, but just hadn't really taken notice of who he was.  We became friends and then, when we got to know each other, we liked each other and then became a couple.  Perhaps you need to find some female friends first!

No, a human being is not a reward, nor punishment. It simply means you have something they find attractive that they can't find in anyone else, and they devote their time to you. Which will happen at least once in everyone's life at some point. 

• Foofa

Often times this just comes down to having not met the right person yet. But human beings aren't trophies and human emotions don't work this way in mentally healthy people.

No, it's neither a reward nor a punishment. However, for both men and women, having a compatible partner to spend your life with is a blessing that comes with being a good person , taking care of yourself, and having something to offer. 

• Cee

Yes, it is a reward, but if you don't appreciate it , it will turn into a punishment. 

A girlfriend is neither a reward or a punishment. Dependening on the girlfriend, she could either be a blessing or she could be a curse. She could bring you joy and happiness, or she could bring you pain and sorrow. You will know which one she is, a blessing or a curse.

Faith in God, because without faith it is impossible to please God.  And you were created to please God, not yourself.

No............................

• Marco

It's a reward for having good hygiene practices combined with the confidence to talk to a girl. 

And incidentally, I don't have anyone. 

• Paul

Obviously not, to both questions.